No kick

I'm something of a newbie to masters, though I've been swimming a long time. I have no kick, zero, nada. I have tried at masters swim workouts, but if I attempt to move down the lane using kick only, I float absolutely still in the water. If I kick a lot, I get cramps in feet and calfs. What to do???
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    No kick? Peep this: www.youtube.com/watch As far as technique goes if you are cramping from the kick I would suggest doing some foot and calf stretching exercise to get your foot used to pointing and keep up on your electrolytes. Adding some fins will also help with getting the feel of where you generatle the power for the kick and prove that you can propel yourself with your legs. That video is from another Universe. Dolphin kicking, at that speed, is something that Aliens do. Can an old ex-runner benefit from such displays of otherworldliness? I'm baffled about where I would even start.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    No kick? Peep this: www.youtube.com/watch As far as technique goes if you are cramping from the kick I would suggest doing some foot and calf stretching exercise to get your foot used to pointing and keep up on your electrolytes. Adding some fins will also help with getting the feel of where you generatle the power for the kick and prove that you can propel yourself with your legs. That video is from another Universe. Dolphin kicking, at that speed, is something that Aliens do. Can an old ex-runner benefit from such displays of otherworldliness? I'm baffled about where I would even start.
Children
No Data