No kick

I'm something of a newbie to masters, though I've been swimming a long time. I have no kick, zero, nada. I have tried at masters swim workouts, but if I attempt to move down the lane using kick only, I float absolutely still in the water. If I kick a lot, I get cramps in feet and calfs. What to do???
Parents
  • I don't move much when kicking w/ a kickboard either. I swim relatively quick otherwise...considering the absence of a kick. It takes me at least a couple of minutes to complete one length of a 25m pool. If I happen to be in one of the outside lanes...the filter water return jet pushes me into the laneline. Embarrassing. I say don't fret over the non-kick, Jack. Swim on!!! Dan
  • I don't move much when kicking w/ a kickboard either. I swim relatively quick otherwise...considering the absence of a kick. It takes me at least a couple of minutes to complete one length of a 25m pool. If I happen to be in one of the outside lanes...the filter water return jet pushes me into the laneline. Embarrassing. I say don't fret over the non-kick, Jack. Swim on!!! Dan
Children
No Data