LCM Swimming after...no LCM for a loooong time

Former Member
Former Member
Heya All: My regular coach is leaving our group & it is time for a change. I'll be going on Monday to another of our team's practice pools that has a great coach & workout group. Difference is that I've been swimming all short-course yards (SCY) so far and this pool is always configured long-course meters (LCM.) I've not swum in an LCM pool decades. More than three it seems. Any tips, comments, funny stories about making such a change? :) I know stamina is an issue that is critical and kicking becomes even more important. What else do y'all know about it? All I remember from my high school & college days was that at the beginning of summer season the pool looked reeeeealllllly looooooong.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I swam the 200 *** at nationals in April (SCY) and at the meet last week (LCM). I'd much rather swim it LCM, since it is only 4 lengths. Just the thought of swimming a 200 in workout seems very daunting to me. That is the 180 from me! I guess my brain goes by total strokes without a turn or something. heheh. Though who knows...I'm only just out of my 3rd week of LCM training and no telling what my brain will re-wire itself with, especially as I'm also figuring out how to swim breaststroke again with all the new allowances like being able to fully submerge during regular swim. I'm planning to head down to Barton Springs this Sunday. Maybe I'll do an ULCM loop of ***; that is Ultra Long Course Meters ;) One of my loops there is about 1/4 mile. We'll see how I'm feeling once I get warmed up. When I swim o/w I usually mix in some *** and back, especially if there is stuff to see, and backstroke under bridges. That's just all crazy talk to me. :D Seriously, though, good luck tomorrow!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I swam the 200 *** at nationals in April (SCY) and at the meet last week (LCM). I'd much rather swim it LCM, since it is only 4 lengths. Just the thought of swimming a 200 in workout seems very daunting to me. That is the 180 from me! I guess my brain goes by total strokes without a turn or something. heheh. Though who knows...I'm only just out of my 3rd week of LCM training and no telling what my brain will re-wire itself with, especially as I'm also figuring out how to swim breaststroke again with all the new allowances like being able to fully submerge during regular swim. I'm planning to head down to Barton Springs this Sunday. Maybe I'll do an ULCM loop of ***; that is Ultra Long Course Meters ;) One of my loops there is about 1/4 mile. We'll see how I'm feeling once I get warmed up. When I swim o/w I usually mix in some *** and back, especially if there is stuff to see, and backstroke under bridges. That's just all crazy talk to me. :D Seriously, though, good luck tomorrow!
Children
No Data