USRPT workout query

Former Member
Former Member
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't find it if it has. I'm trying to create workouts and can't find an answer to this. If you are doing your set of repeat 50's, how does your body determine the difference between swimming at 100, 200, 400? It's all just 50's some of which could be at a 30 sec target time (for 100's) or at 35 sec target time for 400's for example. For instance, am I "detraining" my 100 speed by swimming the same repeat distance at a slower 400m pace? Thanks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks for that Glenn, Nothing wrong with repetitive. One thing struck me, if you are doing your set and manage to come in consistently under your target time, can you predict your next PB by how you perform in training? eg, if i'm doing 50's at my current 400m race pace and come in 1 sec under per 50, logic would indicate my next race will give me an 8 sec PB. Have you found this?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Thanks for that Glenn, Nothing wrong with repetitive. One thing struck me, if you are doing your set and manage to come in consistently under your target time, can you predict your next PB by how you perform in training? eg, if i'm doing 50's at my current 400m race pace and come in 1 sec under per 50, logic would indicate my next race will give me an 8 sec PB. Have you found this?
Children
No Data