Location of soreness when overly ambitious in the water

Where are you supposed to feel sore when you swim more than normal? I've been upping my yardage a bit and if i stand with my palms facing front and raise my straight outstretched arms overhead with my back and arms against the wall, the muscles that run along the sides of the biceps are tight and sore. I think it's the deltoids. I just don't know if this is normal or if i've got a form problem. I'm an adult-onset swimmer so i'm constantly working in tweeking things. I recently got a tech-toc to see if lack of rotation was a problem and it doesn't seem to be the issue. So where are you supposed to get sore if you swim too much? Thanks
Parents
  • For me it's usually the anterior, or front, deltoid. But I guess it does depend on which stroke(s) you've increaded your yardage/intesity in. In prepping for some longer open water swims this summer...I have increased my pool yardage, and am swimming pretty much crawl stroke only, and increased yardage. So that's where I'm feeling it. Dan
  • For me it's usually the anterior, or front, deltoid. But I guess it does depend on which stroke(s) you've increaded your yardage/intesity in. In prepping for some longer open water swims this summer...I have increased my pool yardage, and am swimming pretty much crawl stroke only, and increased yardage. So that's where I'm feeling it. Dan
Children
No Data