Location of soreness when overly ambitious in the water

Where are you supposed to feel sore when you swim more than normal? I've been upping my yardage a bit and if i stand with my palms facing front and raise my straight outstretched arms overhead with my back and arms against the wall, the muscles that run along the sides of the biceps are tight and sore. I think it's the deltoids. I just don't know if this is normal or if i've got a form problem. I'm an adult-onset swimmer so i'm constantly working in tweeking things. I recently got a tech-toc to see if lack of rotation was a problem and it doesn't seem to be the issue. So where are you supposed to get sore if you swim too much? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Where are you supposed to feel sore when you swim more than normal? I've been upping my yardage a bit and if i stand with my palms facing front and raise my straight outstretched arms overhead with my back and arms against the wall, the muscles that run along the sides of the biceps are tight and sore. I think it's the deltoids. I just don't know if this is normal or if i've got a form problem. I'm an adult-onset swimmer so i'm constantly working in tweeking things. I recently got a tech-toc to see if lack of rotation was a problem and it doesn't seem to be the issue. So where are you supposed to get sore if you swim too much? Thanks I also have the same feeling, previous my deltoids were always extremely fatigued when swimming, and now still feeling so if I go extra yardage than normal and/or doing high intensity long sessions on consecutive days. I currently have a goal which some people think is too ambitious.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Where are you supposed to feel sore when you swim more than normal? I've been upping my yardage a bit and if i stand with my palms facing front and raise my straight outstretched arms overhead with my back and arms against the wall, the muscles that run along the sides of the biceps are tight and sore. I think it's the deltoids. I just don't know if this is normal or if i've got a form problem. I'm an adult-onset swimmer so i'm constantly working in tweeking things. I recently got a tech-toc to see if lack of rotation was a problem and it doesn't seem to be the issue. So where are you supposed to get sore if you swim too much? Thanks I also have the same feeling, previous my deltoids were always extremely fatigued when swimming, and now still feeling so if I go extra yardage than normal and/or doing high intensity long sessions on consecutive days. I currently have a goal which some people think is too ambitious.
Children
No Data