Length of training before competing

Good morning! I have a question for any other US Masters swimmers. How long did you train before going back to compete again at meets? Did you jump right back into both or did you take a couple of years go get fully back into the swing of things? I have been out of the water for around 15 years, been back in for about a year but feel I am progressing slowly but surely. Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Heck yeah! Find a meet 3-6 months out and just get to training. Use it as your baseline start and from there you can figure out what you need to adjust and change for the next meet. Don't wait for someday. And don't compare yourself to your times from 15 years ago. Race yourself. On a side note, Master's meets are so fun as you get to meet new people and have competitive chill. :)
  • Heck yeah! Find a meet 3-6 months out and just get to training. Use it as your baseline start and from there you can figure out what you need to adjust and change for the next meet. Don't wait for someday. And don't compare yourself to your times from 15 years ago. Race yourself. On a side note, Master's meets are so fun as you get to meet new people and have competitive chill. :)
Children
No Data