USMS Fall Fitness Challenge (1 Mile swim)

I'm signed up for the USMS Fall Fitness challenge. Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to do? The rules/direction aren't really clear to me. Just swim a mile??? Am I suppose to time myself. Report my results to anyone? Dan
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Luckily I am not in the U.S. and doesn't need to deal with all the yard / meter madness. I actually operated for a long time under the assumption that my favored pool was a yards pool, and the other pools were just sort of peculiarly short. (Or, the "short" sense was an illusion based on the depth and the size of the room). Turns out the other two nearest are 25yd pools, and the reason the Nice Pool felt just a touch longer is because it is. I am no good judge of length and distance, evidently. But again, my grumpiness is due mainly to the other pools being dark and grim (and less convenient to get to). Slate decks and minimal, recessed fluorescent lighting are not a good choice.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Luckily I am not in the U.S. and doesn't need to deal with all the yard / meter madness. I actually operated for a long time under the assumption that my favored pool was a yards pool, and the other pools were just sort of peculiarly short. (Or, the "short" sense was an illusion based on the depth and the size of the room). Turns out the other two nearest are 25yd pools, and the reason the Nice Pool felt just a touch longer is because it is. I am no good judge of length and distance, evidently. But again, my grumpiness is due mainly to the other pools being dark and grim (and less convenient to get to). Slate decks and minimal, recessed fluorescent lighting are not a good choice.
Children
No Data