USMS Fall Fitness Challenge (1 Mile swim)

I'm signed up for the USMS Fall Fitness challenge. Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to do? The rules/direction aren't really clear to me. Just swim a mile??? Am I suppose to time myself. Report my results to anyone? Dan
Parents
  • A mile is 1760 yards or 1609 meters. Whether the pool is yards or meters, it will be a little off. Yep. I swim usually in a 25m pool and generally count 1600m (32 laps) as "a mile." Yet in a 25yd pool I usually count 1800yds (36 laps) as a mile. But now you've got me wondering if this "Fitness Challenge 1-mile Swim" is meant to be a "swimming mile' of 1650 yds??? Not that one or the other is really more difficult. I guess I'm putting too much thought into it. Dan
  • A mile is 1760 yards or 1609 meters. Whether the pool is yards or meters, it will be a little off. Yep. I swim usually in a 25m pool and generally count 1600m (32 laps) as "a mile." Yet in a 25yd pool I usually count 1800yds (36 laps) as a mile. But now you've got me wondering if this "Fitness Challenge 1-mile Swim" is meant to be a "swimming mile' of 1650 yds??? Not that one or the other is really more difficult. I guess I'm putting too much thought into it. Dan
Children
No Data