USMS Fall Fitness Challenge (1 Mile swim)

I'm signed up for the USMS Fall Fitness challenge. Can someone explain what exactly I'm supposed to do? The rules/direction aren't really clear to me. Just swim a mile??? Am I suppose to time myself. Report my results to anyone? Dan
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My goal for between now and the end of the year is to swim a mile in fewer minutes than my age in years, When I was an undergraduate, that was quite an accomplishment. I'm 65. Up until I turned 60, I always thought that if I could swim a mile at all, it would certainly be under an hour, but a couple of shoulder injuries have changed my thinking about that. I do a lot of thinking with my shoulders these days. I think I can do it, but I have to work up to it gradually but with perseverance. We'll see.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    My goal for between now and the end of the year is to swim a mile in fewer minutes than my age in years, When I was an undergraduate, that was quite an accomplishment. I'm 65. Up until I turned 60, I always thought that if I could swim a mile at all, it would certainly be under an hour, but a couple of shoulder injuries have changed my thinking about that. I do a lot of thinking with my shoulders these days. I think I can do it, but I have to work up to it gradually but with perseverance. We'll see.
Children
No Data