swimming and waterpolo

Former Member
Former Member
Hi everyone I've started practicing waterpolo in september. I would like to improve cardio and endurance because I got tired too easily. I need to be able to stay in the pool for at least 10 minutes in a row (even more) doing sudden turns, accelerations etc Do you have any ideas about some training I could do in order to improve cardio and endurance? Let's say twice a week Thanks a lot (I hope my English is good enough) Daniel
Parents
  • Daniel18 - Had you ever been a swimmer before trying water polo? Also, how often are you playing? Doing some swim sets a couple of times a week could help. Legwork (eggbeater kick) is also useful. If you are doing swim sets/practices to supplement water polo practices, they should be shorter and sprint oriented. If you watch a water polo game, it is basically a series of fast sprints.
  • Daniel18 - Had you ever been a swimmer before trying water polo? Also, how often are you playing? Doing some swim sets a couple of times a week could help. Legwork (eggbeater kick) is also useful. If you are doing swim sets/practices to supplement water polo practices, they should be shorter and sprint oriented. If you watch a water polo game, it is basically a series of fast sprints.
Children
No Data