How to Stick with Masters Swimming - Addressing Monotony

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Fellow Swimmers, About two months ago I joined my local Masters swim team. I found it challenging and rewarding. However, recently I have been finding it difficult to attend sessions because of the tediousness and repetition involved. My yardage increased dramatically in the first 4 to 6 weeks of practice. I went from swimming less that 500 yards about twice a week for a couple of months to swimming just over 3600 yards per practice. I'd be interested in hearing any advice on how to stick with swimming for the long term. Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.
Parents
  • Your stroke will change if you want to change it. Many swimmers on our team do the drills and then go back to their poor habits. Changing the workouts in very important to stop the routine from setting in. This is the coaches job on this matter.
  • Your stroke will change if you want to change it. Many swimmers on our team do the drills and then go back to their poor habits. Changing the workouts in very important to stop the routine from setting in. This is the coaches job on this matter.
Children
No Data