Tony Blake - Siphiwe Baleka

Interesting story of Tony Blake, who I remembered reading about in the 1990's about his potential in swimming. I never knew that it was the same person as Siphiwe Baleka, who is the swimmer on the cover of the 2018 USMS Rule Book. www.si.com/.../former-ivy-league-swimmer-john-blake-siphiwe-baleka-trucking-fitness
Parents
  • Also, I had noticed the 0.8 seconds before - to non-swimmers that sounds like a tiny amount, but to swimmers, they realize that for Olympic-level swimmers in a 100, that is big. Well, I was one tenth of a second off trial cuts but the people actually qualifying for the team are 3 or 4 seconds faster than that. So, my point was that if he was 0.8 off cuts, he was likely a seconds off making the team which should be a relatively large amount by anyone's perspective.
  • Also, I had noticed the 0.8 seconds before - to non-swimmers that sounds like a tiny amount, but to swimmers, they realize that for Olympic-level swimmers in a 100, that is big. Well, I was one tenth of a second off trial cuts but the people actually qualifying for the team are 3 or 4 seconds faster than that. So, my point was that if he was 0.8 off cuts, he was likely a seconds off making the team which should be a relatively large amount by anyone's perspective.
Children
No Data