Video Analysis - Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there, any suggestions for improvement on my butterfly would be appreciated! Here's a video of my butterfly from underwater; vimeo.com/259482275 Over the top: vimeo.com/259482131 And lastly a static video starting off with one arm drills, and full stroke beginning around 1:28: vimeo.com/259364445 Thanks in advance for your time,
Parents
  • Arrieros, The most obvious aspect that I would suggest working on is the timing of when you lower your head after taking a breathe. Currently, you are lowering your head (looks like tucking your chin a bit) in advance of when your arms come around on the recovery. PW Is it worth the trade-off, though, if it makes it easier to get your arms around faster on recovery? I was told by a coach to get my head back down sooner to help get my arms around for a faster recovery and less splash on entry. In my case, though, I am an older (56) swimmer that is trying to improve my 200 fly and 400 IM.
  • Arrieros, The most obvious aspect that I would suggest working on is the timing of when you lower your head after taking a breathe. Currently, you are lowering your head (looks like tucking your chin a bit) in advance of when your arms come around on the recovery. PW Is it worth the trade-off, though, if it makes it easier to get your arms around faster on recovery? I was told by a coach to get my head back down sooner to help get my arms around for a faster recovery and less splash on entry. In my case, though, I am an older (56) swimmer that is trying to improve my 200 fly and 400 IM.
Children
No Data