Positive diopter goggles

I'm having trouble getting corrective swim goggles with +2.5 diopter. I'm a bit farsighted because I had cataract surgery to replace the natural lenses. I now have 20/20 vision beyond 6 ft but things get very blurry up close and I need reading glasses (which are only about $10 in a drug store). Consequently, I cannot read my swim watch at the end of a set with non-corrective goggles. Only when I return home and upload the workout to my PC do I see what my lap times were. I bought a pair on SwimOutlet that were obviously kid size. They're tight as hell and when I blink, my eyelids actually hit the lens, plus the bridge piece gouges my nose. The only ones I can find are negative diopter, nearsighted lenses. Now I can't seem to find the plus type of goggle in adult size without paying an arm and a leg.
Parents
  • I have the opposite problem. I can find negative diopter goggles, but nothing that fits well and is comfortable. So I can read my watch but not the whiteboard. My solution is to keep my ill fitting optical goggles on the pool deck and then hold them against my face to read the white board. Then I put my good goggles back on to swim. You could probably do the same with your ill fitting goggles or even keep cheap dollar store reading glasses on the pool deck. In my quest to find good fitting optical goggles, I have seen several unfamiliar brands that come in positive strengths, but who knows about the quality...
  • I have the opposite problem. I can find negative diopter goggles, but nothing that fits well and is comfortable. So I can read my watch but not the whiteboard. My solution is to keep my ill fitting optical goggles on the pool deck and then hold them against my face to read the white board. Then I put my good goggles back on to swim. You could probably do the same with your ill fitting goggles or even keep cheap dollar store reading glasses on the pool deck. In my quest to find good fitting optical goggles, I have seen several unfamiliar brands that come in positive strengths, but who knows about the quality...
Children
No Data