Video Analysis - Breaststroke

Former Member
Former Member
Hi there, Someone kindly assisted me to film my breaststroke; the video is a little shaky at some points but is better than what I could see if I filmed myself. Over the water: vimeo.com/248971338 Below: vimeo.com/248971160 Any comments or feedback on the swim is appreciated. It's my Achilles heel right now. Thanks!
Parents
  • Oh, I think you're right... my stroke looks pretty weak compared to the woman in the video. The funny thing is that I know of this drill, however I miss applying the forward drive from the drill into my actual stroke. Do most people swim breaststroke with this kind of aggression? I'm wondering if it's like fly; can only practice in short bursts. Thanks!! I can't speak for everyone, but after warmup, I only swim BR at race pace in when swimming BR, unless I am swimming slower as part of an awareness drill.
  • Oh, I think you're right... my stroke looks pretty weak compared to the woman in the video. The funny thing is that I know of this drill, however I miss applying the forward drive from the drill into my actual stroke. Do most people swim breaststroke with this kind of aggression? I'm wondering if it's like fly; can only practice in short bursts. Thanks!! I can't speak for everyone, but after warmup, I only swim BR at race pace in when swimming BR, unless I am swimming slower as part of an awareness drill.
Children
No Data