New member swim for general fitness question.

Former Member
Former Member
Hello, This is my first post here and I have a few questions. I was a medium distance runner for the past 20 years or so but now my knees have betrayed me so I am looking for an alternative to stay in shape and lose a little weight along the way. I have lifted weights for about as long as I ran and continue to do so so general strength is not a problem. I'm looking to primarily focus on leg work/kicking as I have somewhat neglected working out my lower body since I quit running. Any suggestions as far as workouts and frequency?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thanks for the responses and info. I mainly want to use swimming as a type of cardio to replace running. What I'm thinking of doing is using a kickboard for lsd (long slow distance) and to also help me get my breathing squared away and to be flatter in the water. Since I quit running my stamina has really dropped off. Also, any recommendations as to what type of suit to wear. I'm in reasonably good physical shape so I wouldn't be opposed to briefs.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Thanks for the responses and info. I mainly want to use swimming as a type of cardio to replace running. What I'm thinking of doing is using a kickboard for lsd (long slow distance) and to also help me get my breathing squared away and to be flatter in the water. Since I quit running my stamina has really dropped off. Also, any recommendations as to what type of suit to wear. I'm in reasonably good physical shape so I wouldn't be opposed to briefs.
Children
No Data