your average heart rate?

Former Member
Former Member
Does anyone monitor their HR while swimming? I just started. I'm wondering if anyone else is also working out at 90% of their max HR during an 'easy' swim...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I've been swimming only for 3 years, so don't have a lot of overall swim experience. I would say my heart rate during the past 2 'easy' swims have been the following: - 500yd warmup ~ 140-150 bpm. - 200yd kick ~ 130bpm - 1000-1500yd Intervals ~ 160-170bpm with 15-20 sec rest - Pulls ~ 130bpm It's the interval training that really gets my heart rate up, but it does drop back to the 140s-150s by the time I push off again. In comparison, some of the 'hard' swims that I have done, with a tighter rest interval, totally feel like I'm going to pass out. My heart rate must be higher than 170 at that point. Maybe it's oxygen deprivation too?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I've been swimming only for 3 years, so don't have a lot of overall swim experience. I would say my heart rate during the past 2 'easy' swims have been the following: - 500yd warmup ~ 140-150 bpm. - 200yd kick ~ 130bpm - 1000-1500yd Intervals ~ 160-170bpm with 15-20 sec rest - Pulls ~ 130bpm It's the interval training that really gets my heart rate up, but it does drop back to the 140s-150s by the time I push off again. In comparison, some of the 'hard' swims that I have done, with a tighter rest interval, totally feel like I'm going to pass out. My heart rate must be higher than 170 at that point. Maybe it's oxygen deprivation too?
Children
No Data