Runner getting into second year swimming. Critical analysis?

Former Member
Former Member
30 now, I've mostly been rowing, running, and biking all my life. That changed quite a bit when I moved to South Korea from Canada, though(no place to row, crowded cities, and all). I luckily found a swimming pool in my neighborhood last July, and I have been swimming ever since, except for a few months in between. Although I found my instructor in the beginning quite knowledgeable, the intermediate class I am in at the moment has a different instructor that unfortunately isn't very... thrilled to teach at the venue lol. Mostly gives us drills to do and nothing much else. Yesterday, I got a discount ticket to a spa with a swimming pool and my friend and we filmed each other swimming, so, could anyone give me pointers on what to improve on and etc? It's a shame the weather was pretty chilly, making my friend pretty reluctant to film... so the angle isn't very good, plus it was dark out. I intend to do this again with a more cooperative friend soon haha. I uploaded the videos to Youtube so there wouldn't be any sketchy downloading work, so please check them out? Thank you! www.youtube.com/watch - Freestyle www.youtube.com/watch - Butterfly
Parents
  • ...One thing I did notice is your head seems to be bobbing up and down slightly. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it could mean you are pushing down initially on your pull, rather than getting into an elbow high position that will enable you to push water backward. Agreed. Can you get some underwater footage? From the side and swimming straight toward the camera.
  • ...One thing I did notice is your head seems to be bobbing up and down slightly. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it could mean you are pushing down initially on your pull, rather than getting into an elbow high position that will enable you to push water backward. Agreed. Can you get some underwater footage? From the side and swimming straight toward the camera.
Children
No Data