A question about regulations.

Former Member
Former Member
Hello. Im new to the forum and had a question about competing in Masters category. I am currently 32yo and still compete. Went to the FINA WC in Budapest last month and all. (Not in the US team). I want to start competing in Masters but still keep a foot in elite/absolute (not sure whats it called in English). I know you can not participate in both the normal FINA WC and the Masters WC. But, can I go to, lets say, the 2018 Pan American Masters Championship AND after to the FINA WC in December? Or is there a period of time I can not compete after swimming at a Masters event? I haven't found the regulations for it. So if anyone can enlighten me or point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated. Best Regards.
Parents
  • I am not a rules expert, but I can think of several examples that would suggest that swimming in a masters championship meet will not disallow you from swimming in a FINA championship meet after. Example: Nathan Adrian swam in our spring masters National Championship (May) and shortly after swam in USA National Championships then FINA World Championships (July).
  • I am not a rules expert, but I can think of several examples that would suggest that swimming in a masters championship meet will not disallow you from swimming in a FINA championship meet after. Example: Nathan Adrian swam in our spring masters National Championship (May) and shortly after swam in USA National Championships then FINA World Championships (July).
Children
No Data