Kudos to forumite and now English Channel crosser ...

... Kurt Dickson! He swam this overnight and completed this in 10:20. :applaud::agree::bow:
Parents
  • We met at 2am, did some paperwork (supposed to have your passport...my wife did not). I started swimming at 337am. First 4 hours was kinda miserable. With the sun up, I felt much better. I was in French water by about 4.5 hours and thought I would be well under 10 but I think I was swimming against a current or something at the end. ok who here wants up at 2am to swim at 337am in cold water? and not just a dip, but do it for basically 11hrs. i'll be the 1st to raise my hand and say NOT ME!!! plus there is no stripe on the bottom to follow i would zigzag so much i would make it a 40mile crossing
  • We met at 2am, did some paperwork (supposed to have your passport...my wife did not). I started swimming at 337am. First 4 hours was kinda miserable. With the sun up, I felt much better. I was in French water by about 4.5 hours and thought I would be well under 10 but I think I was swimming against a current or something at the end. ok who here wants up at 2am to swim at 337am in cold water? and not just a dip, but do it for basically 11hrs. i'll be the 1st to raise my hand and say NOT ME!!! plus there is no stripe on the bottom to follow i would zigzag so much i would make it a 40mile crossing
Children
No Data