Training Books, Suggestions, and or Advise Needed.

I have been a master swimmer for a number of years (10?). I first started out in triathlon. Over the years I have learned to swim all the strokes and have recently been able to improve my times. I have lost a bunch a weight recently, and have added cross fit into my training regiment. I am now trying to see how to take more time off all my strokes. I am currently swim 3 times a week and do cross fit three times a week. I have one rest day. I am not sure how to move forward to structure my workouts so that I will improve. I know I need work on the following: Free: Turns(free style, I am still not where I want to be). Free Style Arms ( My coach tells me to reach out farther.. I am not reaching enough). Kick: I need a better kick (I am trying to bolt on a new butt by doing lots of squats). ***: Turns: I am told there is not much more I can improve on. Pull: Arms can be brought down in a better position. Stroke: I should ungulate more. Back: Stroke: Roll more. Turns: Needs some work. (Longer and stronger). Fly: Stroke: I wait to long to bring my arms up and over..delayed... need to be faster. Kick: Needs work (I need to ungulate more, and bolt on new butt (see above). I know that I also have to work on lactic acid threshold, and sprint, sprint, sprint. I have looked at the workouts provided here on USMS. I am not sure what to do. How should I split up my 3 workouts a week. Should I do sprint (high intensity training ) workouts 1 day? Should I then do a technique (Basic Training) workout the 2nd day? And then perhaps do distance maintenance on the 3rd day? What books can anyone recommend to help me establish metrics, so that I can measure where I am at, where I need to go and how to get there? Anyone..Anyone...0.02?
Parents Reply Children
No Data