Distance events and mixed medley added to Tokyo Olympics.

Former Member
Former Member
swimswam.com/.../ Men's 800 free and women's 1500 free added as well mixed 400 medley relay. Other mixed relays and stroke 50s not added.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    It isn't, there are a lot more possibilities with mixed medley relays. As a summer league coach, I address this problem every other week (five age groups, A/B/C relays per age group). In our summer league, a further complicating factor is that you can have 3 or even 4 females in a "mixed" relay, not just 2. Free relays are easy, Team Manager will even suggest them for you and usually they are correct or close to it. Anything that opens to the door to countries with smaller programs being able to potentially mount a competitive relay makes the competition more interesting, as far as I'm concerned. And it seems to me that you've got a little more possibility for that scenario playing out with mixed medley than with mixed free.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    It isn't, there are a lot more possibilities with mixed medley relays. As a summer league coach, I address this problem every other week (five age groups, A/B/C relays per age group). In our summer league, a further complicating factor is that you can have 3 or even 4 females in a "mixed" relay, not just 2. Free relays are easy, Team Manager will even suggest them for you and usually they are correct or close to it. Anything that opens to the door to countries with smaller programs being able to potentially mount a competitive relay makes the competition more interesting, as far as I'm concerned. And it seems to me that you've got a little more possibility for that scenario playing out with mixed medley than with mixed free.
Children
No Data