Distance events and mixed medley added to Tokyo Olympics.

Former Member
Former Member
swimswam.com/.../ Men's 800 free and women's 1500 free added as well mixed 400 medley relay. Other mixed relays and stroke 50s not added.
Parents
  • I was hoping that they would add the 50 of strokes before adding any relays. Its interesting that they would add a Mixed Medley Relay instead of a Mixed Free Relay. Perhaps of the IOC splits the 24 games between Paris and LA as seems to be a possibility, they'll add those events then to better fill the games for whichever city would host the swimming. Don't know, just a guess. Very happy with the distance additions. But I, too, am miffed at a mixed medley, rather than a mixed free. Will the additions open up any additional roster spots?
  • I was hoping that they would add the 50 of strokes before adding any relays. Its interesting that they would add a Mixed Medley Relay instead of a Mixed Free Relay. Perhaps of the IOC splits the 24 games between Paris and LA as seems to be a possibility, they'll add those events then to better fill the games for whichever city would host the swimming. Don't know, just a guess. Very happy with the distance additions. But I, too, am miffed at a mixed medley, rather than a mixed free. Will the additions open up any additional roster spots?
Children
No Data