Kid is going to quit.

Anyone have a kid who quit at 15?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Anyone have a kid who quit at 15? My kids are younger than that, but in competing in masters as well as amongst clubs in USS I have seen my fair share of kids quit.. I've seen even more kids more or less forced to stay in swimming when they didn't like it. It leads to lack of effort and generally getting burned out but the time high school is over. The number of college teammates I had that quit in their prime was staggering, because they were forced to keep going. It's not for everyone, so maybe let them choose an alternative activity. If the love for the sport is there they will find their way back.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Anyone have a kid who quit at 15? My kids are younger than that, but in competing in masters as well as amongst clubs in USS I have seen my fair share of kids quit.. I've seen even more kids more or less forced to stay in swimming when they didn't like it. It leads to lack of effort and generally getting burned out but the time high school is over. The number of college teammates I had that quit in their prime was staggering, because they were forced to keep going. It's not for everyone, so maybe let them choose an alternative activity. If the love for the sport is there they will find their way back.
Children
No Data