Get closer to my dream guys!

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, just wont to say that I am getting closer and closer to my dream to swim under 1:00 in 100m backstroke (scm) for the first time in my life. :). maybe you remember a thread where I wrote that I can't imagine it to do it... but I getting stronger in my belife that I can do it and its getting more realistic. Just this weekend I swam 1:00,82 and improved my time in my age group 35-39 for almost 0.4s. Best time so far was 1:01,16 from last year in november. I was starting with 30 of age in Masters-competitions and here is how I have improved over 8 years as a Masterswimmer in 100m backstroke (personalbest is 1:00,0 with 21 of age) 30: 1:03,4 31: 1:03,1 32: 1:02,7 33: 1:03,0 34: --- 35: 1:02,8 36: 1:02,5 37: 1:01,1 38: 1:00,8
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Last weekeend, I swam 1:00,9 with 29,6 the first 50m on the German Shortcourse Masters. Still looking forward to drop the last 1 second...
  • ... I still believe my potential is to split under 30,0 the 2nd half someday. Martin - Have you thought about or worked on negative splitting your 100 sets in practice? Or doing accelerated 100's where you pick up speed each 25 until you are flat out sprinting the finish?
  • Come to the U.S. and swim a yards meet. I guarantee you'll break the minute barrier! :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Come to the U.S. and swim a yards meet. I guarantee you'll break the minute barrier! :) Yeah thats would be great. I am sure training in the USA would push me over my limits.. Maybe I can do it in my vacation. Martin - Have you thought about or worked on negative splitting your 100 sets in practice? Or doing accelerated 100's where you pick up speed each 25 until you are flat out sprinting the finish? To be honest, I don't train for 100m. I am more a 200m guy..After my break in summer, I was starting with my swim training in october. For the Germans, I was doing somekind of special thing. I used 3 competitions in a row (every weekend one) until last week to get some speed. It worked well, I was very suprised to get in shape this way. So I am looking forward to see how I will doing in the next age group 40-44. :)