Records

Former Member
Former Member
Why are the USMS records faster than the records for Olympics and world records listed on other websites? In several instances, it's not even close. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Why are the USMS records faster than the records for Olympics and world records listed on other websites? In several instances, it's not even close. I have provided a link that will answer most of your questions here: forums.usms.org/showthread.php I am not sure what reference you are referring to about the Olympics because USMS members as USMS swimmers do not represent USMS in the Olympics and therefore could not get any records their because its not Recognized by USMS but is sanctioned by FINA and therefore if a masters swimmer was eligible for a record it would not count for those purposes even if all legal requirements such as pool measurement, timing printouts, and Meet Referee were completed. USMS allows swimmers who compete in USA-S events as members of USMS times to count for USMS Top Ten and Records and long as all the legal requirements and USMS Rules are followed. FINA will only count times in USMS Sanctioned events and USA/USMS Dual Sanction events. So a lot of swims that you observe where events that were not sanctioned by USMS but only USA-S where USMS members have to be USA-S members is where those faster times for records come from. Hope this helps.
  • Why are the USMS records faster than the records for Olympics and world records listed on other websites? In several instances, it's not even close. I have provided a link that will answer most of your questions here: forums.usms.org/showthread.php I am not sure what reference you are referring to about the Olympics because USMS members as USMS swimmers do not represent USMS in the Olympics and therefore could not get any records their because its not Recognized by USMS but is sanctioned by FINA and therefore if a masters swimmer was eligible for a record it would not count for those purposes even if all legal requirements such as pool measurement, timing printouts, and Meet Referee were completed. USMS allows swimmers who compete in USA-S events as members of USMS times to count for USMS Top Ten and Records and long as all the legal requirements and USMS Rules are followed. FINA will only count times in USMS Sanctioned events and USA/USMS Dual Sanction events. So a lot of swims that you observe where events that were not sanctioned by USMS but only USA-S where USMS members have to be USA-S members is where those faster times for records come from. Hope this helps.
Children
No Data