Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • The argument that "it's only masters" and that our competitions are "meaningless" is inconsistent with what I have seen at nationals. Hard to believe it's "meaningless" when people are throwing down $500 for Speedo suits and major dollars in travel expenses ... I've seen/experienced plenty of very intense masters swimmers. "It's only masters" is a odd turn of phrase to me. Does life only exist/have meaning when you're young? We're masters and I assume what we choose to spend time doing matters somewhat to us.
  • The argument that "it's only masters" and that our competitions are "meaningless" is inconsistent with what I have seen at nationals. Hard to believe it's "meaningless" when people are throwing down $500 for Speedo suits and major dollars in travel expenses ... I've seen/experienced plenty of very intense masters swimmers. "It's only masters" is a odd turn of phrase to me. Does life only exist/have meaning when you're young? We're masters and I assume what we choose to spend time doing matters somewhat to us.
Children
No Data