Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • I think this is an excellent idea on the surface. Drug testing for the majority of us would be an unnecessary waste of money; however, I would hate to see record-holders lose a record to a cheater. Here's the problem, though: For drugs that are typically banned but medically necessary for some Masters swimmers, where do you draw the line as to which drugs should be allowed? :confused: Elainiak there are Therapeutic Use Exemptions for medically necessary drugs.
  • I think this is an excellent idea on the surface. Drug testing for the majority of us would be an unnecessary waste of money; however, I would hate to see record-holders lose a record to a cheater. Here's the problem, though: For drugs that are typically banned but medically necessary for some Masters swimmers, where do you draw the line as to which drugs should be allowed? :confused: Elainiak there are Therapeutic Use Exemptions for medically necessary drugs.
Children
No Data