Doping among masters athletes

Former Member
Former Member
At least this isn't a problem in USMS, right? velonews.competitor.com/.../totally-amateur_408457
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    So the tests are on the honor system? Please pee in a cup and send your sample to a testing lab. Or does the $500-$800 include doping control and administrative expense. And what about the cost of stationing doping control personnel at all sanctioned swim meets? Is this factored in? My understanding is that most of the costs associated with a doping program are related to the actual tests themselves. I suspect that USATF and USA Cycling would be willing to share what they have learned with USMS.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    So the tests are on the honor system? Please pee in a cup and send your sample to a testing lab. Or does the $500-$800 include doping control and administrative expense. And what about the cost of stationing doping control personnel at all sanctioned swim meets? Is this factored in? My understanding is that most of the costs associated with a doping program are related to the actual tests themselves. I suspect that USATF and USA Cycling would be willing to share what they have learned with USMS.
Children
No Data