Weight and swimming.

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone learn how to swim? Does weight of the person make a difference?
Parents
  • I don't think weight is that important, but I wonder if people with certain body shapes can never swim well? Some may have disadvantages, but I think you can overcome this by trying to minimize them and by focusing on strengths. For instance, I naturally suck at UW dolphin kicking due to my shape and proportions, yet I can naturally flutter kick quite well. I just spend much more time training the SDK then flutter kicking. I also surface early from starts before my momentum falls too much because I am faster on the surface
  • I don't think weight is that important, but I wonder if people with certain body shapes can never swim well? Some may have disadvantages, but I think you can overcome this by trying to minimize them and by focusing on strengths. For instance, I naturally suck at UW dolphin kicking due to my shape and proportions, yet I can naturally flutter kick quite well. I just spend much more time training the SDK then flutter kicking. I also surface early from starts before my momentum falls too much because I am faster on the surface
Children
No Data