Do you do dryland exercises?

Former Member
Former Member
I suppose the pros do a lot of dryland exercises since that's part of their living :D What about the amateurs? Is it crucial in order to swim right and well? Especially the core training?
Parents
  • Hi there! I've returned to training for open water swimming recently, and because of a back injury, I have to do dryland stuff in addition to the simming, but I'm at a loss of how to schedule the dryland workouts vs. my water workouts. Sometimes doing a swim after the dryland stuff is great for the back, but it's long and tiring. Should I alternate days? Only do the dryland stuff a couple of times a week? Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Hi there! I've returned to training for open water swimming recently, and because of a back injury, I have to do dryland stuff in addition to the simming, but I'm at a loss of how to schedule the dryland workouts vs. my water workouts. Sometimes doing a swim after the dryland stuff is great for the back, but it's long and tiring. Should I alternate days? Only do the dryland stuff a couple of times a week? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Children
No Data