Do you do dryland exercises?

Former Member
Former Member
I suppose the pros do a lot of dryland exercises since that's part of their living :D What about the amateurs? Is it crucial in order to swim right and well? Especially the core training?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Do running and bicycling count? No. Dryland training specifically for swimming purpose. e.g. using resistance band to imitate strokes, etc. What I wonder is, if you have free access to pools 24 hours a day, couldn't you do all the trainings in the water? Or are some exercises more effective when done on dryland? Take, for example, the resistance band exercises, how is it better than actually pulling water in the pool?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Do running and bicycling count? No. Dryland training specifically for swimming purpose. e.g. using resistance band to imitate strokes, etc. What I wonder is, if you have free access to pools 24 hours a day, couldn't you do all the trainings in the water? Or are some exercises more effective when done on dryland? Take, for example, the resistance band exercises, how is it better than actually pulling water in the pool?
Children
No Data