Freestyle: Critique and Please Help Improve my Stroke.

Former Member
Former Member
Please critique my freestyle and help improve my stroke. www.youtube.com/watch Been couple of years or so since I posted a video here, or for that matter, looked at a video of my freestyle. Didn't realize this before, and was horribly surprised! Here is what I noticed. 1. The stretched out arm (that is, the non-breathing side arm) cross over the mid-line. It is almost like the non-breathing side stretches out over the mid-line, to help in the breathing. Terrible! I thought I had fixed this! To my untrained eye I am thinking at least the other side is OK? 2. My legs are all screwy! Used to have a horrible case of scissor legs, even while that seems to be gotten better, however, the legs currently are terribly ungainly and lacks any sense of rhythm. Why is this? 3. Do I roll OK. Am I rolling too much, and consequently, having the wacky leg movement? 4. Please do help identify anything else that ailing my stroke. Please critique my stroke and suggest some drills I could do to help get over the nasty, inelegant stroke on display. (The last time I had suggestions of learning bilateral breathing for better balance from this forum, and at least I have gotten to do that comfortably) Thanks for your patience and help. Venkatesh
Parents
  • If you haven't tried yoga it is excellent way to increase spatial awareness and control that transfers to the water. Also helps with flexibility which is very improtant +1! In January, I added yoga to my post-swim dryland routine. I spend about 30 minutes, 6 days/week after my swims, and it has helped my strength, flexibility, and balance. Perhaps balance isn't a top priority for a swimmer, but it sure helps me on land!
  • If you haven't tried yoga it is excellent way to increase spatial awareness and control that transfers to the water. Also helps with flexibility which is very improtant +1! In January, I added yoga to my post-swim dryland routine. I spend about 30 minutes, 6 days/week after my swims, and it has helped my strength, flexibility, and balance. Perhaps balance isn't a top priority for a swimmer, but it sure helps me on land!
Children
No Data