Freestyle help needed: One dropped elbow

Now that Nationals are over, it's back to the drawing board- or, at least video feedback for stroke flaws. This video my husband shot for me today shows I am dropping my left elbow on entry, and it's waving around a bit as I reach forward. Does anybody have suggestions on how to correct this stroke flaw? Your advice would be most appreciated! Thanks, Forumites! www.youtube.com/watch
  • Right. You can't fall of, and even if you did, no road rash. Otherwise, repetition is the key to both. What I meant is there is so much technique to swimming than riding a bike. Sure, you can dive in the pool and remember how to swim, but unless you practice good technique each time you get in the pool, so many bad habits can become ingrained without even realizing it. Repetition is one thing, but repetition of proper technique is an entirely different thing!
  • Hi Elaine! Looks like you're on the way to a winning stroke. You are taking a very precise and deliberate approach to your freestyle, which demonstrates your awareness of what you need to be doing to improve. You've come a long way! Keep up the great work :) Thanks, Julia! :groovy:That's a nice compliment, especially since you are a coach and a great swimmer! :agree: I appreciate the feedback and encouragement very much. Cheers! :chug:
  • Swimming is NOT like riding a bike! Right. You can't fall of, and even if you did, no road rash. Otherwise, repetition is the key to both.
  • Hi Elaine! Looks like you're on the way to a winning stroke. You are taking a very precise and deliberate approach to your freestyle, which demonstrates your awareness of what you need to be doing to improve. You've come a long way! Keep up the great work :)
  • Eliane you are a good swimmer. Thanks, Cinc! :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Thanks, Julia! :groovy:That's a nice compliment, especially since you are a coach and a great swimmer! :agree: I appreciate the feedback and encouragement very much. Cheers! :chug: Eliane you are a good swimmer.