Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • I am in the market for a new swim watch. I have the Garmin Swim but I don't really use it. I found the lap count inaccurate and completely useless for kick sets. I am looking for a swim watch with GPS which will also serve me in open water swims. I recently saw the Suunto Spartan. This is a multi sport watch and I was impressed. Does anybody use this watch? What about the Garmin Forerunner 735XT? Other recommendations? I L O V E my garmin forerunner 735XT. It goes with me everywhere, swim (open water and pool - and all kinds of sets in the pool too with the "drill log" setting), biking, running, hiking, step counter, etc. I like the wrist heart rate calculator for non-swim activities and it pairs easily with bluetooth HRMs for swimming. The face is really customizable for the different activities, so you can either see a lot of data at once or less data and bigger numbers if you're just doing a long distance set. It's always on my wrist.
  • I am in the market for a new swim watch. I have the Garmin Swim but I don't really use it. I found the lap count inaccurate and completely useless for kick sets. I am looking for a swim watch with GPS which will also serve me in open water swims. I recently saw the Suunto Spartan. This is a multi sport watch and I was impressed. Does anybody use this watch? What about the Garmin Forerunner 735XT? Other recommendations? I L O V E my garmin forerunner 735XT. It goes with me everywhere, swim (open water and pool - and all kinds of sets in the pool too with the "drill log" setting), biking, running, hiking, step counter, etc. I like the wrist heart rate calculator for non-swim activities and it pairs easily with bluetooth HRMs for swimming. The face is really customizable for the different activities, so you can either see a lot of data at once or less data and bigger numbers if you're just doing a long distance set. It's always on my wrist.
Children
No Data