Swim watch

Does anyone have a recommendation (or a warning) to share about a swim watch? I'm looking for something to help me count distance and/or strokes. I'm thinking about the Garmin Swim. I have the Garmin Forerunner (for running) and am pretty happy with it.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I got Swimovate's poolmate as a Father's day present 4 years ago. I honestly loved it and actually would pull all the data by hand. Last year I bought the poolmate HR and it's even better. I love the feature that it vibrates based on how many laps or time so i can use it for long distance sets by going off every 100 or by pace to go off on my 100 SI. One feature I didn't know of is the software will convert everything to what your base course is when it's downloaded in the software. This was great over the summer when I kept switching from LCM to SCY based on the pool I was swimming in. I could compare workouts between the two pools. The HR function doesn't work well for me because I'm a guy and the band would move as I swam. I found wearing a surfing rash guard keeps it in place, so I only use it when I taper so I can make sure my sprints are hitting target HR. Poolmate have just recently released the Poolmate Pro 2. - Looks like they've redesigned it a bit and added a few extra features. Has anyone tried it out?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I got Swimovate's poolmate as a Father's day present 4 years ago. I honestly loved it and actually would pull all the data by hand. Last year I bought the poolmate HR and it's even better. I love the feature that it vibrates based on how many laps or time so i can use it for long distance sets by going off every 100 or by pace to go off on my 100 SI. One feature I didn't know of is the software will convert everything to what your base course is when it's downloaded in the software. This was great over the summer when I kept switching from LCM to SCY based on the pool I was swimming in. I could compare workouts between the two pools. The HR function doesn't work well for me because I'm a guy and the band would move as I swam. I found wearing a surfing rash guard keeps it in place, so I only use it when I taper so I can make sure my sprints are hitting target HR. Poolmate have just recently released the Poolmate Pro 2. - Looks like they've redesigned it a bit and added a few extra features. Has anyone tried it out?
Children
No Data