Floaters after cataract surgery ?

Former Member
Former Member
I had cataract surgery at 49 which went fine. A couple months after surgery, I am seeing floaters - no pain or loss of vision but somewhat annoying.. it is like a strand that floats in and out. The doctor said this is vitreous separation and not "uncommon" but happens to older people (I am an outlier for cataract in any case). I swim 3-4 times a week and am fairly fit with no diabetes etc. so I'm wondering if swimming or chlorine has anything to do with this (the doctor did not think so..) ? For folks that have had cataract surgery, have you ever seen floaters ?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I had cataract surgery at 49 which went fine. A couple months after surgery, I am seeing floaters - no pain or loss of vision but somewhat annoying.. it is like a strand that floats in and out. The doctor said this is vitreous separation and not "uncommon" but happens to older people (I am an outlier for cataract in any case). I swim 3-4 times a week and am fairly fit with no diabetes etc. so I'm wondering if swimming or chlorine has anything to do with this (the doctor did not think so..) ? For folks that have had cataract surgery, have you ever seen floaters ? I think getting a cataract eye surgery is the best way to get rid of your eye problems. I too had a cataract eye surgery last year at a Lasik eye centre in Auburn. Fortunately, I haven’t faced any issues like yours but have heard many of them having the same problem after the surgery. I think they are only temporary eye issues and they don’t need to be treated. After my surgery, I had the feeling that choosing cataract eye surgery was the best decision that I ever took. The surgery was simple and painless. The most important thing to be considered is choosing the right clinic and the right doctor for your surgery.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 9 years ago
    I had cataract surgery at 49 which went fine. A couple months after surgery, I am seeing floaters - no pain or loss of vision but somewhat annoying.. it is like a strand that floats in and out. The doctor said this is vitreous separation and not "uncommon" but happens to older people (I am an outlier for cataract in any case). I swim 3-4 times a week and am fairly fit with no diabetes etc. so I'm wondering if swimming or chlorine has anything to do with this (the doctor did not think so..) ? For folks that have had cataract surgery, have you ever seen floaters ? I think getting a cataract eye surgery is the best way to get rid of your eye problems. I too had a cataract eye surgery last year at a Lasik eye centre in Auburn. Fortunately, I haven’t faced any issues like yours but have heard many of them having the same problem after the surgery. I think they are only temporary eye issues and they don’t need to be treated. After my surgery, I had the feeling that choosing cataract eye surgery was the best decision that I ever took. The surgery was simple and painless. The most important thing to be considered is choosing the right clinic and the right doctor for your surgery.
Children
No Data