A swimming retirement community?

I have had the idea of a retirement community centered around a 50 meter pool. There would be condos, apartments, houses and mobile homes available all very close or on the ocean for OW swimming. The Villages near Orlando just seems too big and spread out and not close enough to the ocean.
  • Del Webb 55+ communities typically have indoor 25 yard, five lane pools in addition to their outdoor pools. I live at Sun City Peachtree in Griffin, Georgia, and I can assure you, Denise, it's nothing like you would envision a "retirement" community to be. We are an active adult community, and most of our residents are very active! Although I am the only competitive swimmer in my community, from what I hear, Sun City Hilton Head has a Masters team with about 80 members.
  • Aruba will be my aquaretirement location
  • ElaineK, I was referring more to what my MIL is moving into rather than the type of community you live in, which sounded from the way you described it as a swimmer's dream. It actually got us talking about finding a community like yours when DH retires, as long as it's within striking distance to the city and theaters, museums, all the things I love, and great healthcare. Go fund me, anyone LOL?