Speedo Aquablade/Fastskin FSII sizing

In my effort to not get any DFLs at nationals, I am looking at less expensive tech suits. I usually get Yingfa suits, but my body shape has changed and my old one (size XL) does not fit well, so I am afraid to get a new one that won't fit. Swim Outlet has the Speedos on sale. I wear a 34 endurance jammer for practice. My waist is just under 34". In my efforts to work on kicking the last few months, I have picked up 3/4" on my legs (thighs -- nothing I do will make them longer(!)). This is where I am having trouble with the old Yingfa. The Speedo size chart says to get a 30 for a 34" waist. Does this sound right for a short adult male with thick legs? Help appreciated.
Parents
  • I wore the old Yingfa today and it was definitely impeding circulation to my feet. jimbo, I see the problem, your not supposed to wear it around your ankles :) Metro swim shop has the Nike hydra3 on sales for $59. www.metroswimshop.com/product.TDSS0060black.htm It's an awesome suit and at $59 it's incredibly cheap. I wear a 30 Nike drag suit and drop to a 28 for there competition suits. They also have the blueseventy xii on sale also which is a little more money $130 but again a very nice suit. If you use the 10% off coupon they provide they are even cheaper obviously. I have used the aquablade previously and did not like it due to lack of compression. I also dropped one size for the aquablade.
  • I wore the old Yingfa today and it was definitely impeding circulation to my feet. jimbo, I see the problem, your not supposed to wear it around your ankles :) Metro swim shop has the Nike hydra3 on sales for $59. www.metroswimshop.com/product.TDSS0060black.htm It's an awesome suit and at $59 it's incredibly cheap. I wear a 30 Nike drag suit and drop to a 28 for there competition suits. They also have the blueseventy xii on sale also which is a little more money $130 but again a very nice suit. If you use the 10% off coupon they provide they are even cheaper obviously. I have used the aquablade previously and did not like it due to lack of compression. I also dropped one size for the aquablade.
Children
No Data