NCAA Swimming

NCAA Womens Swimming D1 NCAA Mens Swimming D1 2015 NCAAs Men DI Championship March 26-28, 2015 Campus Recreation & Wellness Center Iowa City, Iowa Women DI Championship March 19-21, 2015 Greensboro Aquatic Center Greensboro, N.C.
  • And your reaction time might have been that fast...Hey, my reaction us usually in the low to mid teens!
  • Hey, my reaction us usually in the low to mid teens!Just start at the "on your marks"
  • do ya think eddie will have him swim it at ncaa's? lol!!! Jack is so versitile, Eddie has the challenge of figuring out which events and relays to enter Jack lead to the highest number of points for UT. UT has a lot of great flyers, Schooling, Conger, Clark Smith, Glass, Cooper My guesses for Conger: Thu 50 FR maybe Fri 100 FL yes 100 BK Probably 200 FR maybe Sat 200 FL probably 200 BK maybe
  • Cal women set new record in the 800 free relay at Pac-12s: swimswam.com/.../
  • If Texas is so deep with fliers, you have to wonder if Jack will swim the 200 back instead of 200 fly. Even if he were to win the 200 fly, it would be better for the team to get 2nd or 3rd in the 200 back if Texas has three other guys in the 200 fly final (i.e. more net points to the team). What's ironic is Jack has the national high school record in the 500 free yet he isn't even mentioned to swim the 500. Eddie also has to consider the best way to use him in his individual events and on relays. Eddie will consider possible points and the also the toll that Jacks schedule of events is likely to take over the 3 days of NCAAs. To figure points he'll look at the depth of UT and possible competitors on other teams. It will be harder for Jack to be fresh and race ready on day 2 and 3 of NCAAs, if on day 1, he races 2 hard 500s and a couple relays. On Day 1, he's more likely to swim the 50 than the 500. My guess for Day 1, is he just does relays then doubles 100 fly & 100 bk on day 2 or the 200 fly & back on day 3, but if he does the 2 fly & bk on day 3 that's 4 hard races and if they need him on the 4x100 free relay, he won't be as fresh. So to me, doubling the 100 fly & back on day 2 and racing either the 200 fly or the 200 back on day 3, makes more sense. UT has more depth & potential top scorers in the 200 fly than they do in the 200 back. Further complicating things is he probably has a higher certainty to win the 2 fly than the 2 bk vs Ryan Murphy. Jack's having a great season and I can't wait to see how he & the horns do this season, this summer, next yr and at trials.
  • dear kid that is one of the few to ever go faster than michael phelps and the brand new usopen/american/ncaa record holder...yeah you are sitting out that event!!! i just cant wrap my head around that one. how do you not do the event in which you have the fastest time in history? (insert name of epicly fast swimmer here) you are not doing your event. say what!!!!
  • dear kid that is one of the few to ever go faster than michael phelps and the brand new usopen/american/ncaa record holder...yeah you are sitting out that event!!! i just cant wrap my head around that one. how do you not do the event in which you have the fastest time in history? (insert name of epicly fast swimmer here) you are not doing your event. say what!!!! For argument's sake let's say Texas can go 1-2-3 in the 200 fly without Jack; or 1-2-3-4 with Jack. And let's say they don't have anybody to get top 3 in the 200 back. If Jack skips the 200 fly but gets 3rd in the 200 back, the team scores more points than going 1-2-3-4 in the 200 fly (the team replaces a 4th place finish with a 3rd place finish).