NCAA Swimming

NCAA Womens Swimming D1 NCAA Mens Swimming D1 2015 NCAAs Men DI Championship March 26-28, 2015 Campus Recreation & Wellness Center Iowa City, Iowa Women DI Championship March 19-21, 2015 Greensboro Aquatic Center Greensboro, N.C.
Parents
  • I just witnessed the greatest short course swim meet in my life at the 2017 Men's NCAA Swimming Championships. I don't know if I will ever see a more exciting race in the 1650 Free where there were 5 lead changes and where 5 swimmers during the race were under the American Record and the first 4 swimmers were under the American Record. Ryan Murphy won the 100 and 200 Back and joins only John Naber to accomplish this in those two events and joins only Pablo Morales and Brenden Hansen to accomplish this in NCAA history. To witness Caeleb Dressel almost break the :40.00 second barrier and go 43.58 in the 100 Fly was exciting to see and makes you think about how far swimming is going and how low can records keep falling. This was another race where more than 1 swimmer broke the previous record and I remember when this record stood by Austin Staab for years and now in just the last 3 years, 3 swimmers have gone faster. 200 *** another record and Licon going under 1:48 and when 3 years ago nobody thought that Kevin Cordes record would be touched for years. 400 IM and the record goes down to 3:33.42 and for many years no one could get under 3:36. 200 Fly at 1:37.35 and when Phelps went under 1:40 that was a big deal when he set the record. All of the relays were fast and impressive and only one record remains from the 2009 suit era and that is the 200 Free Relay at 1:14.08 and Texas went 1:14.58. The surprise was NC State's 800 Free Relay at 6:06.53 and the only relay that Texas didn't win and I remember when hitting 6:10 was a big deal and now that has dropped 4 seconds. If you ever get a chance, you have to see an NCAA meet live. It was and still remains that fastest short course meet in the world and the most exciting meet to witness. The team element and relays make it such an exciting event. All incredible, I can't wait to see how all these swims translate to Long Course and the 2017 World Championships. FYI Kudos to NC State, on UT's 4x200 relay, I have a feeling that if Joseph Schooling swam on that relay, it might have been a much closer race, especially if he was 100% healthy.
  • I just witnessed the greatest short course swim meet in my life at the 2017 Men's NCAA Swimming Championships. I don't know if I will ever see a more exciting race in the 1650 Free where there were 5 lead changes and where 5 swimmers during the race were under the American Record and the first 4 swimmers were under the American Record. Ryan Murphy won the 100 and 200 Back and joins only John Naber to accomplish this in those two events and joins only Pablo Morales and Brenden Hansen to accomplish this in NCAA history. To witness Caeleb Dressel almost break the :40.00 second barrier and go 43.58 in the 100 Fly was exciting to see and makes you think about how far swimming is going and how low can records keep falling. This was another race where more than 1 swimmer broke the previous record and I remember when this record stood by Austin Staab for years and now in just the last 3 years, 3 swimmers have gone faster. 200 *** another record and Licon going under 1:48 and when 3 years ago nobody thought that Kevin Cordes record would be touched for years. 400 IM and the record goes down to 3:33.42 and for many years no one could get under 3:36. 200 Fly at 1:37.35 and when Phelps went under 1:40 that was a big deal when he set the record. All of the relays were fast and impressive and only one record remains from the 2009 suit era and that is the 200 Free Relay at 1:14.08 and Texas went 1:14.58. The surprise was NC State's 800 Free Relay at 6:06.53 and the only relay that Texas didn't win and I remember when hitting 6:10 was a big deal and now that has dropped 4 seconds. If you ever get a chance, you have to see an NCAA meet live. It was and still remains that fastest short course meet in the world and the most exciting meet to witness. The team element and relays make it such an exciting event. All incredible, I can't wait to see how all these swims translate to Long Course and the 2017 World Championships. FYI Kudos to NC State, on UT's 4x200 relay, I have a feeling that if Joseph Schooling swam on that relay, it might have been a much closer race, especially if he was 100% healthy.
Children
No Data