2015 Masters Motivational Times

Here are the motivational times for 2015. 8950 9615 9909 <
  • that's a lot of work Why, yes. Yes, it was. My notes say it took almost six weeks to write the script, but that includes the nights & weekends when I couldn't stand to look at it any more. The worst part, as always, was getting the .rtf codes right. What a nightmare. But now that it's done, it runs in a few seconds, and it's no work at all. I figure it'll be best to post the MTs at the "beginning" of each season: Jan for SCY, May for LCM, and Sep for SCM. Was that a gratuitous bump? Why yes. Yes, it was.
  • Thank You Judd You're the man!:agree: I have a question, is it the posted time and faster for each? For example a 47 yr old male swims 50 free at 29.42, what grade is that?
  • ... is it the posted time and faster for each? For example a 47 yr old male swims 50 free at 29.42, what grade is that? I would say yes. Yes, it is. For M 45-49, the "BB" time is 29.43, so a time of 29.42 is "BB". To get to "A", the swimmer would have to do 27.16 or better.
  • Curious - In getting your data for the 10th place time does your script directly access the USMS database (i.e. select statements)? (I was a programmer in my previous life ) A very complex script :applaud:
  • Curious - In getting your data for the 10th place time does your script directly access the USMS database (i.e. select statements)? (I was a programmer in my previous life ) A very complex script :applaud: It fetches pages with addresses of the form, "">www.usms.org/.../toptenlist.php + "&Year="+yy + "&Sex="+Sex + "&AgeGroupID="+AG; and then parses the HTML to get the times. As for complexity, it's not too bad. About 700 lines, including comments. It's written in javascript.
  • LCM! 9615 Thanks, Swimosaur! :applaud: I was just thinking of you a few minutes ago when I looked up my Senior Games race times from today's meet on your 2015 SCY chart. It was my first meet back since hip surgery, and it looks like I have a long way still to go to crawl back up the chart. On a side note, you are planning on Greensboro next April, right? :banana:
  • On a side note, you are planning on Greensboro next April, right? :banana: Absolutely!
  • Thanks so much for spending the time to do this. I think it's a great resource for the community!
  • I like how it's based on percentage and not place, since some events have over 500 swims in a season where for instance a top 50 time = to a top 10 % swim or a AAA motivational time