Best swimming "swedish goggles style" goggles?

Former Member
Former Member
Hello Summer is coming up and I've always bought some cheap, minimum sunglasses style, goggles that were OK but always broke the strap before the end of the summer. 5 bucks and I was happy with them. I will use these just to swim for fun, no competition or anything and they are hardly used. I just want some minimum protection against the sun but some of all to be comfy and easy to adjust/put on/use. I've spent timeless minutes adjusting goggles back and forth when I could have been swimming. I wouldn't like to spend much on these, at max, 50 bucks. I know you probably use a lot more professional ones but I really don't want to spend more than 20. Like I mention, if they are worth it, 50 bucks max. Thank to everyone for helping and your posts
  • Thank you for the recommendations. I have three pairs of alleged anti-fog goggles that fog up after about 10 min. so I got some of that anti-fog stuff to put in my cheap goggles. I didn't know about baby shampoo. They fit well. The gasket is soft and doesn't leave a huge mark unlike the less expensive goggles, but the anti-fog is a load of horse hockey. I'm going to check out the two recommended Swedes. When I tried a couple of pairs on I was almost afraid to take them off.
  • If you want easy adjustment, consider purchasing a bungee strap in addition to the goggles. Makes goggle adjustments very easy and it doesn't break.
  • the nose strap (unless you use the swedish string) is the 1st to go...well at least in the water i swim in. yes the bungee lasts a lot longer time, but doesnt feel the same on your head. pro/con
  • So the big question is, are you going with the pink ones at your next indoor meet? why, you wanting to know now if you are gonna get beat by pink goggles? :D:D:D i wish the lenses were big like my motorcycle racing goggles. i've got a pair that has a hologram of zombie eyes on them. looks really freaky when someone sees them on in my helmet. would love to take a breath during a race and lock eyes with you like that stewart....oh wait you might get out at the 175 again.:bolt:
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I went with these: www.aquasphereswim.com/.../69-kayenne-regular-fit-smoke-lens Smoked lens, green and black. Not only do I love the colors, I also have read that these are great. colors are one thing. fit and thus no leaking are the real name of the game. everybodys face is different and nothing matters till they are on your face and in the water. or off a dive.
  • I own three of the Kayenne Aquasphere goggles and they're incredibly comfortable. However, they are not that anti-fog. I'm not sure how to keep them from fogging up, but if I rinse them in cold water before getting into the pool it seems to help.
  • why, you wanting to know now if you are gonna get beat by pink goggles? :D:D:D i wish the lenses were big like my motorcycle racing goggles. i've got a pair that has a hologram of zombie eyes on them. looks really freaky when someone sees them on in my helmet. would love to take a breath during a race and lock eyes with you like that stewart....oh wait you might get out at the 175 again.:bolt: Nothing like looking at the world through rose tinted lenses Mr Unruh ;) Now the zombie eyes would be funny. No comment about the color of my jammer Mr Unruh. Enough said.
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I went with these: www.aquasphereswim.com/.../69-kayenne-regular-fit-smoke-lens Hope you like them, but weren't you asking about Swedes? Those are pretty much the polar opposite of Swedish style goggles.
  • I can't use sweeds cuz they make my contacts pop out! Speedo Vanquishers are my choice.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Thank you for the suggestions. I went with these: www.aquasphereswim.com/.../69-kayenne-regular-fit-smoke-lens Smoked lens, green and black. Not only do I love the colors, I also have read that these are great.