DQ rules re losing suit upon diving in or during race???

Can one be DQ'd at a USMS sanctioned meet if your suit falls off upon diving in and you find yourself nude? Or if it starts to slide down, down, down during a race until, oops! it's off? I know my options if my suit were to malfunction during a race and I wished to continue would be to (a) stop in the middle as long as I didn't touch the lane lines or put my feet on the bottom of the pool, or (b) stop at a wall and do all adjustments there. But if it plumb came off, would I get DQ'd? Curious, here. You never can predict a race. Izzy I'm trying to post a poll but may not be able to figure out how, re suit malfunctions.
Parents
  • So the take away is it's ok when a guy's suit rips, but girls get DQed. I've been to a lot of meets in my life and I've got to say I've never seen anyone's suit come completely off. It seems like you'd almost have to try to do that!
  • So the take away is it's ok when a guy's suit rips, but girls get DQed. I've been to a lot of meets in my life and I've got to say I've never seen anyone's suit come completely off. It seems like you'd almost have to try to do that!
Children
No Data