A new category: Clydesdale realys - "half a ton of fast!"

Mission Viejo Masters is going to institute a new category of men's relays this year at its annual (LC) relay meet held on July 6th. There will be a scale on the deck to verify that every member of the relay weighs in at least 250 lbs (That's about 90 stone or 700 kilos, if my math is correct). All other relay rules will apply as normal. There will not be any women's relays offered in this category unless demand creates it (like that might happen). If there is sufficient interest, we can create a nationwide database and records for these relays. Consider the gauntlet thrown.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Wow, another race created just for me. lol
  • The Clydesdale cut off is usually around 200 or 220 lbs. Swimming has way less of a weight handicap compared to marathons but I agree with knelson, it will probably be hard to find teams with 4 people over 250lbs and who want to swim in a meet. Likewise the "Athena" cutoff for running events or triathlons is usually around 150, which is heavy for an elite woman runner but not at all for an elite woman swimmer.
  • I also find it humorous that it's somehow OK to effectively call a heavy man a "big horse" but we need a nice word that invokes a goddess to describe heavy women!
  • I also find it humorous that it's somehow OK to effectively call a heavy man a "big horse" but we need a nice word that invokes a goddess to describe heavy women!And a rather petite goddess at that. Would you prefer the Celtic goddess Debranua?