New, Fun Membership Options for 2014

Former Member
Former Member
Registration has opened for the 2014 membership year. This year there are two new membership options. Recognized Masters Coach Add-on (Optional; $30.00) Regardless of whether or not you choose to become a certified Masters coach, you can become a recognized Masters coach by choosing this option during registration or updating membership at any time during the registration year. The fee is $30 and includes these benefits: Credibility and identity as a Masters coach Special sponsor discounts Discounts on continuing education, including $10 off each level of certification Acknowledgement on usms.org (View a list of current recognized coaches) STREAMLINES for Coaches monthly e-newsletter Eligibility for hospitality at Spring and Summer Nationals, select volunteer opportunities, and special coaching assignments at the FINA World Championship Teaching opportunities in the Masters track at the ASCA World clinic For questions about all Masters coach educational programs and certification, contact Bill Brenner, Club and Coach Services Director. Vanity Permanent ID (Optional; $50.00) Your permanent ID is a 5-character string that uniquely identifies you as a USMS member. It's included as the last 5 characters of your annual registration number, such as 1234-9X4C3. For a one-time fee of $50, you can choose your own permanent ID. (Think of it like a personalized license plate.) Choose an ID that reflects your association with your swim team, a major sports team, your school, your name, your hobby or pets, your favorite swimming event, or use your creative skills to come up with something else fun, personal, or whimsical. From then on, you will always be identified on your membership card via your chosen ID. The rules are simple. Choose any 5-character string that includes only letters or numbers and does not include the letters I, L, O or Q (you may use the numerals 1 or 0 instead). Example Vanity IDs A regular auto-assigned registration number: 1234-12345 A custom ID for a Nebraska Cornhuskers fan: 1234-HUSKR A vanity ID for breaststroke: 1234-200BR A vanity ID honoring your favorite dog breed: 1234-B0XER (note -uses numeral 0 instead of letter O)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    :( I was just upset that the L wasn't available for FLYER. Why is it that a few of the alphabet letters are not available for use? It seems like they removed the 4 letters that could most easily be mistaken for numbers, especially on hand written entry forms.
  • More creative IDs that have been snagged:What about JHAWK? And how about a list of the less creative ID's, besides JAMES?:D Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I’m just jealous of all you 5 letter name swimmers.
  • More creative IDs that have been snagged: 4001MOh yeah ... the new ultra distance event, the 4001 Medley - 1,000 of each stroke, then hop out of the water and run a yard to the touchpad. Just my kind of event ;)
  • What about JHAWK? And how about a list of the less creative ID's, besides JAMES?:D Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I’m just jealous of all you 5 letter name swimmers. :( I was just upset that the L wasn't available for FLYER. Why is it that a few of the alphabet letters are not available for use?
  • Former Member
    While I didn't end up going with a vanity ID, I do want to give Jayhawk a shout out for finding the cause of my club's non-renewal (typo in the club contact's email) and then making it so that I could renew the club - all after business hours yesterday and in response to a Facebook post! Thanks so much! :applaud:
  • Former Member
    BINGO or should that be B1NG0 The other easily mistaken one is 5 and S. Maybe I’ll go for 5S55S. More easily mistaken combos: 8 and B 2 and Z
  • Former Member
    I’m just jealous of all you 5 letter name swimmers. You don't have to have a 5-letter name. Here are some options for you: RC0PE 0R0BC R0BCP C0PE1 PPREZ
  • Former Member
    I got PETER. Awesome.
  • 0SAMA? (those who attended the 2001 convention will understand) I couldn't fit your alter ego last name into 5 characters.It was SALAMI, but I may try to get the redacted XXXXX ID.
  • Former Member
    Just renewed. 8078