Dolphin kick off walls - freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Yeah, what happened? When I search I get results from 2013, then anything else is about ten years old. It seems like results before 2013--except really old stuff--can't be searched. I don't think he posted it here. But I remember it too. In fact he specifically mentioned Natalie Caughlin and said if you cannot kick like her, then don't bother. But the "don't bother" wasn't work on kicking. He was dissecting hip vs shoulder driven freestyle, and the statement was if you don't have Nat's motor in the back, don't bother trying to be a shoulder driven freestyler. Kickers are born not made and to be the fastest you swimmer can be, MOST of us would be better served trying to increase stroke rate not generating more power from the kick.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    Yeah, what happened? When I search I get results from 2013, then anything else is about ten years old. It seems like results before 2013--except really old stuff--can't be searched. I don't think he posted it here. But I remember it too. In fact he specifically mentioned Natalie Caughlin and said if you cannot kick like her, then don't bother. But the "don't bother" wasn't work on kicking. He was dissecting hip vs shoulder driven freestyle, and the statement was if you don't have Nat's motor in the back, don't bother trying to be a shoulder driven freestyler. Kickers are born not made and to be the fastest you swimmer can be, MOST of us would be better served trying to increase stroke rate not generating more power from the kick.
Children
No Data