Dolphin kick off walls - freestyle

Former Member
Former Member
Hi i counted my dolphin kicks after flip turn and i took 11 dolphin kicks to reach the 15m mark. Is that a good number? those dolphin kick were swift and fast ones. Should i dolphin kick after walls or just flip turn and freestyle? I am aiming for 5-6 dolphin kicks for a 200m freestyle race. Also is there any advantage for dolphin kicking off walls instead of just transitioning to normal freestyle?
Parents
  • l The opposite, in fact: lots of incredibly fast swimmers aren't great dolphin kickers (especially breaststrokers and freestylers, it seems to me).I recall a post Jeff Commings mentioned his coach exhausted all efforts to get his ankles to flex with no success, what became speed brakes eventually led to a powerful weapon. It's strange because I know Gary posted more or less the same thing here, but now I can't find it. It must have been deleted. I recall this too, I think it was a suppliment to one of the myth debunks. It wasn't deleted, its out there, somewhere. The searching tool on our forum lost its ability to dig deeper into threads older than when the format was drastically changed. You have to manually go back and search page by page for anything earlier from the point it was changed last year.
  • l The opposite, in fact: lots of incredibly fast swimmers aren't great dolphin kickers (especially breaststrokers and freestylers, it seems to me).I recall a post Jeff Commings mentioned his coach exhausted all efforts to get his ankles to flex with no success, what became speed brakes eventually led to a powerful weapon. It's strange because I know Gary posted more or less the same thing here, but now I can't find it. It must have been deleted. I recall this too, I think it was a suppliment to one of the myth debunks. It wasn't deleted, its out there, somewhere. The searching tool on our forum lost its ability to dig deeper into threads older than when the format was drastically changed. You have to manually go back and search page by page for anything earlier from the point it was changed last year.
Children
No Data