Swimming in Paris?

Former Member
Former Member
I am about to head to Paris for two months. (I know, I know, rough duty.) Staying in the Marais district, 4th Arrondissement. Have never been. Has anyone ever swum in Paris? I don't really need Masters' workouts, as I swim alone mostly. Just need access to pool for workout purposes. Eager for insights if you got 'em. Thanks!
Parents
  • Went to Piscine Blomet this morning. All the comments are absolutely on point. It's absolute craziness. They have so many signs and rules before you get to the pool, why not enforce some "rules" as well for the pool itself? At my masters class, I am in one of the "slow" lanes. At my gym in NY, I am one of the faster women, but there are decent male swimmers there. In this Paris pool, I felt like an Olympic swimmer. At some point, I was able to swim the middle, while sculling and overtake lots of people. It does boost up my ego.
  • Went to Piscine Blomet this morning. All the comments are absolutely on point. It's absolute craziness. They have so many signs and rules before you get to the pool, why not enforce some "rules" as well for the pool itself? At my masters class, I am in one of the "slow" lanes. At my gym in NY, I am one of the faster women, but there are decent male swimmers there. In this Paris pool, I felt like an Olympic swimmer. At some point, I was able to swim the middle, while sculling and overtake lots of people. It does boost up my ego.
Children
No Data